Blogs > Grizzlies Den

Paul Kampe (no relation to Greg Kampe) covers Oakland University basketball for The Oakland Press. His news and notes keep you up to date with the Golden Grizzlies men's and women's teams.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Grizzlies get verbal commitment from Hartland guard

Oakland has received a verbal commitment from junior guard Matt Poches from Hartland. Poches is 6-foot-4, 190 pounds.
Poches said Oakland has recruited him since his freshman season and its success in the Summit League, tough schedule and proximity to home all played factors in his decision.
"I'm 100 percent (committed). Everything they've told me and everything I've seen there — I've spent a bunch of time up there and I love everything about it and I want to win. Oakland obviously wins," Poches said.
"The fact they compete for the Summit League title almost every year, that's what got me thinking 'Yeah, I can do that when I go there'."
Poches also had offers from Central Michigan, Western Michigan and the Citadel, but Wright State was his second choice.
Poches could appreciate Oakland coach Greg Kampe's approach to coaching.
"I'll fit in really good. They like their guards there. They pretty much give their guards a lot of freedom and Coach (Kampe) listens to what they have to say."
Poches was an all-county and all-league selection and earned an all-state honorable mention. He led Livingston County in scoring and rebounding.
Oakland officially signed recruits Ryan Bass (Dayton Dunbar) and Kyle Sikora (Fla. Christian) on Wednesday for the 2010-11 class. The Grizzlies got an early commitment from Corey Petros of Utica Eisenhower, who will be playing in a high school all-star game at OU Saturday at 6 p.m.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home