Blogs > Grizzlies Den

Drew Ellis covers Oakland University basketball for The Oakland Press. His news and notes keep you up to date with Golden Grizzlies men's basketball.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hamilton didn't call bank


First-year Oakland player Reggie Hamilton has already hit a lot of 3-pointers thus far in the season, but none have been bigger than the one he knocked down Saturday. Keith Benson kicked the ball out Hamilton, who knocked down the 3 off the glass with just three seconds remaining in regulation. The shot tied the game, sending Oakland to an overtime, which they dominated, and a win over Austin Peay State at the Chicago Invitational Challenge.
"I had to knock it down," Hamilton said. "Kito got the rebound for me, and I had to knock it down.
"He did his job and I felt I had to do my job for the team, too."
The shot couldn't have happened in a better road arena than the Sears Centre, located just outside Chicago, not too far from Hamilton's roots.
Hamilton admitted Sunday he didn't call the bank shot, as it's common practice in pickup games.
"The bank shot has been going kind of good for me this year," he said. "That's actually my third one.
"That's what happens when you get a lot of shots."


Hamilton is the team's leading 3-point shooter at nearly 50 percent. He went 4 for 4 in the first half Saturday, but missed his first four attempts in the second half prior to the game-tying bomb.
"All my life, I've been a 3-point shooter," he said." Coach Kampe and the team put me in a position to get those shots. The team has done a good job of distributing the ball to Kito and that opens it up for me on the perimeter."
(Fast forward to the 1:25 mark to see the shot)
Hamilton joined us for this week's edition of "Grizz Talk."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home