Blogs > Grizzlies Den

Drew Ellis covers Oakland University basketball for The Oakland Press. His news and notes keep you up to date with Golden Grizzlies men's basketball.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Is Reggie Hamilton leaving Oakland?

Reggie Hamilton’s Twitter page is full of ominous signs today, leaving fans wondering what his next move will be. Coach Greg Kampe said the two had a meeting arranged for Monday afternoon.
The page has a backdrop of a disappointed looking Hamilton at the NCAA tournament.
There haven’t been any reports of Hamilton playing professionally, yet. He has a strong case after being voted Summit League first-team in his first season at Oakland and had another good showing in the NCAA tournament Friday, scoring 25 points. His 3-pointer that could’ve pulled Oakland within three points rimmed out with 47 seconds remaining.
Here is a timeline of the suggestive tweets:
  • cant take the f@#$ery cant wait to leave michigan
  • i cant wait when certain people text my phone straight ignore.....mood killers for real
  • GOD is the best alarm clock!
  • That meeting just gave me some clarity
  • I'm doing what's best for me I have to
  • I have a family to take care of
  • I couldn't even look at my teammates this morning
  • more lies and bs
  • with that being said i dont want anyone talking to me about basketball ill handle mine.....
UPDATE: After a meeting between Kampe and Hamilton, it was determined the point guard's Twitter account had indeed been hacked.
"Somebody was trying to have a little fun with him," Kampe said of the situation.
Later in the evening, Hamilton appeared on the Sports Block. There was no mention of Monday's situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home