Blogs > Grizzlies Den

Drew Ellis covers Oakland University basketball for The Oakland Press. His news and notes keep you up to date with Golden Grizzlies men's basketball.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

D-Nel hits the land down under

Former Oakland star Derrick Nelson has taken his talents to the Southern Hemisphere. He says he's ready to help 2-2 Hobart, making his Australian debut Friday.
Nelson most recently played in Finland during what the site refers to as "Northern Winter."
"The fans will see someone who plays hard all the time. I just try to be a team player and do whatever I can to help the team win," Nelson told the The Mercury.
"I'm a good rebounder, I can play inside and outside, so I can do a lot of different things, it is not just scoring for me."
Former teammate Johnathon Jones recently concluded his first season overseas, too, playing for MBK Rieker Komarno.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home