Oakland vs. Eastern Michigan pregame notes
- Oakland defeated the Eagles last season on Ryan Bass' last-second shot.
- The Golden Grizzlies are 5.5-point favorites, per Bovada LV.
- The Golden Grizzlies have won all three home games at the O'rena this season, where they're holding opponents to just 37-percent shooting.
- Oakland shot a season-high 55 percent Monday against Illinois State, also grabbing a season-best 44 rebounds, outrebounding an (Division I) opponent for the first time this season.
- The Golden Grizzlies have won four of the five meetings with Eastern Michigan in OU's Division I era, but trails, 7-5, all time. However, the Eagles spoiled Oakland's 2009-10 home opener.
- The Eagles, with a 69 RPI, recently knocked off preseason Horizon League favorite Green Bay Dec. 10, snapping a three-game losing streak. Oakland's RPI is 150, and its RPI strength of schedule actually fell one spot to No. 2 in USA Today's Sagarin Ratings after defeating Illinois State Monday. The RedBirds were coming off a victory over No. 25 Dayton.
- Duke Mondy has resumed the NCAA lead with 4.65 steals per game, while Travis Bader has a nation's-best 48 3-pointers.
- With 21 points in Monday's game vs. Illinois State, Travis Bader surpassed Oakland great Keith Benson for fourth place all-time in OU scoring with 1,910 points.
- If you still haven't seen Tommie McCune's thunderous dunk from Monday, watch it here.