Oakland vs. Illinois State pregame notes
- The RedBirds are 4.5-point favorites at the O'rena Monday, the Golden Grizzlies' first of three home games this week. They host Eastern Michigan Saturday (Dec. 21) and Robert Morris Sunday (Dec. 22).
- The Golden Grizzlies trail the overall series, 4-1, and are 0-1 at home vs. Illinois State.
- In the latest rankings Sagarin Ratings by USA Today, Oakland now has the No. 1 RPI strength of schedule in the country.
- Reggie Hamilton had 34 points to lead Oakland in the teams' last meeting in February 2012, a four-point Oakland defeat. Travis Bader, who leads Oakland in scoring this season, had 18 points, but was held to just two points after halftime.
- Oakland has been outrbounded in every game this season besides its non-Division I win over Rochester College. Michigan State held a 41-32 advantage on the boards Saturday at The Palace.
- In two true home games this season, Oakland has held its opponents to just 36-percent shooting. Ohio scored just 56 points, the fifth-fewest by a Division I opponent in O'rena history.
- Travis Bader rebounded from an 0-for-10 night from long distance at Indiana to make four 3s against Michigan State. He is now just 56 3s from setting a new NCAA career record. Bader fell to into second place in the NCAA this season after failing to hit a 3 last week at Assembly Hall. Duke Mondy is also second in the nation in steals, with 39.
- The RedBirds have won four straight after a win over No. 25 Dayton, their first home win over a ranked opponent. They've had nine days off since the victory.