PREGAME NOTES: Oakland at Wright State
- Wright State is favored by five points in Thursday's matchup. Oakland trails the all-time series, 4-2, and is 1-2 in its Division I era. Wright State rallied from 14 down in the second half to defeat Oakland in the teams' last meeting in November 2010.
- The Raiders were picked to finish second in the Horizon League preseason poll, while Oakland was chosen fourth. Most preseason publications had the Golden Grizzlies in a similar position.
- The Golden Grizzlies are 11-11 against Horizon League teams in their Division I era.
- Wright State has a seven-game home winning streak this season, while Oakland has lost eight straight away from the O'rena.
- Oakland's Travis Bader needs just 29 triples to set a new NCAA career record. He's getting attention from Raiders coach Billy Donlon.
"He’s really good, there is a reason why he’ll probably become the top 3-point maker," Donlon told the Wright State Guardian. "They put you in peril with what they do with him.”
Bader is averaging eight 3s per game over his last three contests and needs just six Thursday to move into third place all-time.
- Thursday's game should be a battle of a potentially explosive offense against a tight defense. The Golden Grizzlies have an adjusted offensive efficiency of 110.5 while Wright State is holding teams to 98.5.
- Oakland's best defender, Duke Mondy, could miss his second consecutive game with a sprained MCL suffered in a Dec. 22 win against Robert Morris. He could miss 1-4 weeks and Oakland coach Greg Kampe said in an Oakland athletics video Mondy will play sparingly, if at all, Thursday.